Gadding About Goulburn 

Wednesday 20th May 2015

Tour in Goulburn and Lake Bathurst.

The tour group met at 9:15 am outside St. Saviour’s Cathedral in Bourke Street, Goulburn.
9:30 am – The day started with a tour of the cathedral bell tower and church.
The group then travelled, in convoy, to Lake Bathurst (about a 25 minutes drive).
The tour in the Lake Bathurst area included;
A visit to the Woodlawn Bioreactor, private land on Lake Bathurst, the  WWII RAAF fuel stores,
lunch at the Roselea Cafe, a visit to St. John’s Anglican Church and the nearby Museum and Heritage Centre.

Image not available

St Saviour's Anglican Cathedral, Goulburn NSW. By the early 1860s, when the Diocese of Sydney could not functionally minister to the Goulburn area, it was decided that the Diocese of Goulburn should be created. Designed by Edmund Thomas Blacket the foundation stone of the cathedral was laid in 1874.

Image not available

Magnificent interior of St Saviour's Anglican Cathedral, Goulburn NSW.

Image not available

FFF Southern Highlands Chapter members and guests in the bell tower of St Saviour's Cathedral in Goulburn.

Image not available

FFF Southern Highlands Chapter members and guests in the bell tower of St Saviour's Cathedral in Goulburn.

Image not available

FFF Southern Highlands Chapter members and guests in the bell tower of St Saviour's Cathedral in Goulburn.

Image not available

FFF Southern Highlands Chapter members and guests in the bell tower of St Saviour's Cathedral in Goulburn.

Image not available

FFF Southern Highlands Chapter members and guests at the Woodlawn bioreactor learning how the bioreactor disposes of waste.